Sweetney posted a link yesterday on her linkblog from her website. It is well worth the read!!!
‘There are two Americas – separate, unequal, and no longer even acknowledging each other except on the barest cultural terms. In the one nation, new millionaires are minted every day. In the other, human beings no longer necessary to our economy, to our society, are being devalued and destroyed’
I had a great day yesterday. I did the following:
- Walked to day spa to get eyebrows waxed…closed!
- Walked back home, drank a cup of coffee and began this blog.
- Drove to day spa and had eyebrows waxed ($12.00) + purchased nail polish ($5.00) to touch up nail extensions. (Getting to be a glamor queen at 66 years of age! To little to late!!!!)
- Drove to curves and did a work out.
- Went to grocery story and purchased hair color… still trying to be glamorous!
- DROVE TO AT&T AND BOUGHT AN IPHONE!!!!!!
You hear me right…I went and bought an iPhone. It only took one trip back home to get account number from old carrier and my husbands ssn (you need this information to transfer your old phone number to your new phone…very important). Then I made three calls to various people that did not answer phones and had three conversations with my son! Wow! But I did it. Here is what I decided to do…I purchased the phone with the bigger memory, no warranty (I have one year to do that), a car charger (recommended by son for when we travel) and a holster so I can be joined at the hip to my phone forever. Then I decided on black…just because!
It is so much fun to have a new gadget…I spent my pre-sleep time exploring. I set my alarm on the phone and set up Bejing time on the world clock, updated the phone numbers that I had transferred and synced with my computer. Lordy me, I am a happy girl!
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell is absolutely riveting. I will discuss it keeping my hero, Martha Addy, PHD, (college professor from 45 years ago), in mind. She was all about ‘implications and applications!’ Gladwell’s books just have so much relevance in today’s world!
Off to the golf course to play a round…yeah!
Oh by the way I have decided to sleep less…it is working out fine so far! I will keep you posted.